Here are some important tips for your day before surgery.
- A nurse from Sunset Ridge Surgery Center will contact you at least 24 hours before your surgery. If no one has called, please call the center for instructions.
- Notify your surgeon if there is a change in your physical condition such as a cold, fever or respiratory problems.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your operation, including no hard candy or gum. If your child is the patient, please be careful to enforce this. Also, please follow any other special instructions your surgeon may have given you. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.
- Please be sure to tell your surgeon if you are on any type of blood thinners or aspirin. Please do not take any medications after midnight unless instructed by your surgeon, primary care doctor or the nurse at our center. All adult patients who come with an advance directive will have it placed in their medical record.
- It is extremely important to arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you the first 24 hours after surgery.